Colliers Engineering & Design is seeking an experienced Project Manager that will utilize leadership and engineering skills to manage multiple projects and train support staff. A Project Manager is responsible for the project management, leadership, profitability, and client management for the project design team, including: financial performance, preparation of technical proposals and invoices, monitoring of project budgets, staff supervision, scheduling of key projects, and responsibility for the design tasks associated with civil engineering projects. A Project Manager will work alongside existing office staff and senior management to successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines.
• Oversee the technical accuracy, use of standard engineering practices, and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various plans, reports, and design documents.
• Manage and/or review the development of design tasks, such as conceptual planning, detailed grading, and drainage designs associated with civil engineering construction projects to ensure value engineering is achieved.
• Perform a final ordinance review, coordinate utility service research, assist with outside agency responses, and perform site visits during construction to evaluate issues.
• Responsible for quality control for all project documents.
• Identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend solutions to peers and management.
• Develop project schedules and construction timelines.
• Manage multiple projects and workload with competing deadlines.
• Prepare proposal scopes, project schedules, and change orders, as required.
• Perform financial management, including invoice preparation, accounts receivable, and project profitability.
• Able to work independently on multiple projects, as well as lead other engineers in a team environment.
• Responsible for client management including status updates and project specific discussions.
• Mentor junior staff, including technical training, as needed.
• Ensure the company’s standard AutoCAD procedures for layering, details, etc. are utilized.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineer (PE) License, required
• 12+ years of civil engineering experience
• Experience in land development, required
• Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D, and the ability to mentor junior staff to enhance their design skills
• Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail with exceptional analytical and judgment capabilities
• Construction oversight, preferred
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Knowledge of local city, county, and state land use processes and regulations (NJ)
• Advanced technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading, and other site development related designs
• Dedicated, responsive, and organized
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!