Colliers Engineering & Design is seeking a Sr. Project Engineer that will utilize leadership and engineering skills to perform design tasks and manage support staff. Design tasks include grading and drainage designs associated with NJ development projects. Work within AutoCAD alongside staff engineers to collaborate and successfully complete projects within established budgets, deadlines and agency regulations.
Join our Civil/Site team and build your career alongside the best our industry has to offer. Whether facilitating a large warehousing complex, all-star sporting arena, residential development, or planning a mixed-use establishment in a downtown business district, joining Colliers Engineering & Design will accelerate YOUR success!
• Review of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
• Site Investigation & Due Diligence includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
• Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen.
• Leadership role in the review and design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems including use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Hydrology design software.
• Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems including drainage area maps.
• Surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning’s Equation.
• Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality in PA.
• Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
• Subdivision and site plan design and layout.
• Design of Utility Systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
• Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
• Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
• Ability to work independently, as well as, lead other engineers in a team environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
• 8-12 years of residential and/or commercial civil land development work experience.
• PE preferred.
• Knowledge of the local municipal, county and state land use, planning and zoning processes and regulations (NJ).
• Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
• Proficiency in technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading and other site development related designs
• Demonstrated Civil 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts concept through completion
• Self-starter who can work independently and with team members.
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!