Colliers Engineering & Design seeks a highly motivated individual to lead geotechnical services offered out of our Montvale, NJ office. As a Project Manager within the Geotechnical Discipline, you will effectively coordinate our geotechnical engineering business in the upstate NY region as well as the northeast. You will grow and lead a team of engineers and special inspectors while collaborating with other Project Managers and Principals.
If you have a solid understanding of geotechnical engineering and a desire to work on multi-disciplinary projects while leading your own team, apply today!
Travel may be required.
These responsibilities include preparing scopes of work and proposals, acting as the project manager for geotechnical projects performed by the project engineers, will have the profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities for the projects that he/she manages, developing new and enhancing existing relationships with clients and influencers and maintaining accurate project records and files and following firms established protocols.
• Build and lead a team of geotechnical engineers and special inspectors.
• Maintain effective relationships with members of all divisions and disciplines.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
• Attend and participate in professional networking events.
• Envisioning a path for developing business and expanding services including cross-selling of other disciplines.
• Prepare proposals for professional services including development of project scope, procedures and budgets.
• Perform and oversee engineering calculations and design drawings related to geotechnical aspects of projects.
• Perform and direct others with geotechnical explorations, site reconnaissance, engineering calculation packages, technical specifications, design drawings, and special inspections.
• Ensure contractual commitments are met and the work is being performed according to the client's instructions.
• Monitor fees and budgets and assume profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities for geotechnical aspects of projects.
• Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project; maintain project files.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with 8+ years’ related experience.
• MS degree with Geotechnical Specialty is a plus.
• PE certification in NYS or ability to obtain within 3 months is required.
• Proven ability to identify, develop, and mentor talent.
• Effectively manage projects from concept through completion.
• Proven leadership and decision-making skills.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing, and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of computers and related geotechnical design software.
• Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites and a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!