Colliers Engineering & Design seeks a highly motivated individual to join our Geotechnical group. As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. You will also work in a team of dedicated Project Managers, Principals, and other Engineers. If you have a solid understanding of civil engineering principles with a geotechnical focus, and a desire to work on multi-disciplinary projects, apply today!
• Participate or lead field assignments including observation of geotechnical explorations.
• Review and assist with assigning field and laboratory soil testing
• Performing geotechnical analyses including bearing capacity evaluations, stability evaluations, support of excavation design, and seepage analyses.
• Developing design of foundations, support of excavations, retaining walls, embankments, dams, and other geotechnical systems.
• Preparing engineering calculation packages.
• Prepare technical specifications, design drawings, and construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions.
• Participate in construction observation and special inspections.
• Communicating effectively and efficiently with contractors, clients, and team members.
• Some weekend and overtime work may be required; limited overnight and interstate travel may be required with this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering being preferred 2-5+ years’ experience.
• EIT certification is required.
• PE certification or ability to obtain within 6 months is a plus.
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, REVIT, or other CAD platforms is a plus.
• Experience or academic training with geotechnical software such as, SEEP/W, SLOPE/W, SETTLE3D, L-Pile, is preferred. Experience with DEEPEx or PLAXIS is a plus.
• Experience with soils laboratory and/or preparation of geotechnical engineering reports is a plus.
• Candidate must have consistent means of transportation to/from project sites and a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
• Drug testing may be required.
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!